Monday, June 12, 2017

Creamy Chicken Corn Soup

Oh My Word.... I Know, I Know...Seems like I froze up with the colder weather months in South Africa, Since I Last posted.  Well I'm back, Thawing myself, hehehe, And What better way to warm up, than a delicious bowl of warm and hearty soup.  

This Recipe and Picture was kindly shared By Ruhana Ebrahim on our WATALOTWEGOT Facebook group, SHUKRANđź’•





CREAMY CHICKEN CORN SOUP

Recipe credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Picture credit: @ruhanas_kitchen

Ingredients:
•60g butter
•¼ cup flour
•1 liter milk
•1 liter water
•1 packet Knorr thick veg soup
•250ml fresh cream
•1 tin creamstyle sweetcorn
•500g cooked salt+pepper chicken fillet (cubed)
•2 whole green chillies (slit longwards)
•Salt (to taste)
•White pepper (to taste)

Method:
1. Melt butter in pot, add flour and whisk to make roux for white sauce.
2. Add ½ amount of milk and water and whisk until becomes a thick mixture.
3. Add in fresh cream, corn, chicken and packet soup. Mix in.
4. Then add in remainder milk, water chillies and allow to come to a boil.
5. When thickened to consistency you desire, remove from heat and serve with crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment